IDEAStudio is a collaborative venture between the College of Engineering and the College of Visual and Performing Arts, sponsored by Chip Hildreth (electrical engineering, ’85) and Susan Hall (art education, ’85).
The studio is a digital/multimedia space consisting of multiple computers with CAD programs, a 3D Scanner, a 3D printer, a laser engraver, and a full-length green screen wall for motion capture animation. Equipment is available to all UMASS Dartmouth faculty and students with current IDs.
At the Hall-Hilldreth IDEAStudio, students can
- Rapidly prototype a design
- Access animation and design software packages such as
- Photoshop Creative Suite
- Mock-up a team project
- Explore working with new materials
- Collaborate with students and faculty from another college or department
- Work on advanced and capstone projects